Møysalen National Park
With Offersøy as a starting point, you have the possibility of experiencing the National Park Møysalen from the inside of Offersøy. This is a new, small national park, but with a great coast landscape with high, snow-peaked mountains, fertile forests and open fjords.
High up on the mountain you will find eternal snow and glacial-ice in a small glacier. You also have the opportunity to book a trip to Vestpollen in Øksfjord on Møysalen. Or from “Hennes” and “Lonkanfjord” in Hadsel.
Noen fakta om Møysalen Nasjonalpark:
- One of Norway’s smallest national parks
- The highest mountain peak of Hinnøy, 1262 m.
- Lookout towards Senja – Narvik – Kebnekaise in the north & east and towards Hamarøy – Steigen – Landego – Lofoten in the south & west.
- The villages Lodingen, Sortland and Hadsel are situated next to each other in the Moysal-area.
- A trip to Møysalen is long and arduous (9 – 12 hours) and you really have to be in a good physical condition, wearing suitable clothes and shoes, to be able to take this journey.